Trajectory Planning and Controls Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s trajectory generation and controls team develops systems that create safe and comfortable motion plans and that reliably and accurately actuate these plans. Our job is to ensure that our trucks drive safely and smoothly despite changing traffic conditions, environmental and weather effects, varying freight loads, and complex situational constraints.
- Work closely with senior engineers to build, analyze, and debug motion planning, control, and system identification algorithms.
- Assist in the deployment of next-generation systems to improve the reliability and performance of the trajectory generation and controls stack, including providing software support, building tooling, developing simulation systems, running on-road tests, and attending design reviews and discussions.
- Develop a deep understanding of state-of-the-art methods across a variety of domains including path planning, nonlinear optimization and optimization-based control, machine learning, estimation, and software design and architecture.
- Learn and work through the entire feature lifecycle from concept and problem formulation through deployment.
Your Experience Might Include:
- Experience designing, building, or working with autonomous mobile robots in an academic, research, or industrial setting.
- Experience implementing, deploying, and debugging complex software systems in C++ and Python. Experience with ROS, ROS2, or similar frameworks is a plus.
- BS and/or advanced degrees in robotics, controls, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: