Sensor Calibration Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
As a sensor calibration engineer within the perception team your job is to help design and build the systems that allow our self-driving truck to sense and perceive the world around us.
- Research and develop offline and online intrinsic and extrinsic calibration methods for inertial sensors, cameras, and/or lidars
Experience Should Include:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience or equivalent academic background
- Experience with linear and non-linear optimization techniques
- Understanding of multi-view geometry
- Experience writing production quality code in C++
Experience Might Include:
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, and CUDA
- Experience with state estimation, visual odometry, and/or SLAM
- Understanding of operational principles of cameras, lidar, radar, GNSS, and/or inertial sensors
When you apply, address the application to Kiana and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: