Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
At Glossier we are committed to building innovative digital products that our customers love. As a Sr. Manager, UX Research, you will join a team focused on building delightful, innovative and customer-centric digital experiences by fostering the most welcoming community around beauty.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Highly empathetic and care deeply about uncovering and solving user problems in new and interesting ways.
- Constantly looking for ways to marry qualitative research with quantitative insights and data.
- Highly collaborative and partners closely with design, product, engineering, insights partners and business leads to inform product strategy, drive project direction, clarify scope and opportunities and refine solutions.
- Motivated by working in a fast-growing, dynamic and iterative environment
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Commit your time to familiarizing yourself with Glossier’s research processes and partners
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values and existing design and development workflows
- Build relationships with partners and work together to uncover & solve specific user problems while creating new, delightful experiences
- Be proactive in learning and asking questions as you take ownership over the UX Research function with clearly defined goals
- Support your e-commerce, growth, community, and sales teams through planning, prioritizing and executing research that ladder up to company initiatives
- Devise and curate a mixed-methods practice of gathering both generative and evaluative insights on designs and concepts. Methods may include: in-lab and field studies, online surveys, usability testing, moderated and unmoderated remote testing, participatory design, user journeys/personas, benchmarking, heuristic evaluations, in-depth user interviews, as well as stakeholder interviews.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Establish and maintain an efficient strategy for scoping research, execution, and readout to ensure velocity and visibility across internal partners.
- Uncover new opportunities to conduct research to better understand our end customer
- Work with the team to help build deeper understanding of Glossier’s users and customers
- Partner with other insights functions to triangulate and build a 360 degree picture of our customer’s experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ motivations and contribute to a deep understanding of our customers’ motivations and contribute to a repository of research-based knowledge
- Work with the team and partners to improve and refine UX research workflows/processes with the broader team
- Present research findings to the broader team to facilitate user-centric thinking throughout the organization
- Manage the UX Research roadmap and team priorities to meet tight deadlines in an agile environment
- 6+ years of experience in an applied user research setting, with 1+ years as a people manager or team lead
- Experience drawing from a variety of research methods–interviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, and experiments–at different stages of the design process: to encourage early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, and validate a launch solution.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, experienced influencer, and advocate for user research
- Have the ability to be flexible and manage priorities in a high-productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Have a passion for thoughtful and creative design
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Linguistics, Anthropology, Interaction Design, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience. Advanced degrees a plus.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.