Planning platform for public transit
Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Remix is empowering governments to build more livable cities, starting with transportation. We’ve partnered with over 340+ cities on 5 continents — and we're continually seeking to grow our impact around the world. On the Growth team, you’re the face of the company to the largest transportation departments across North America. We’re looking to build our team with passionate individuals who care about improving cities to better serve local communities.
About this Role
We're looking to grow our sales team by finding a bright, hardworking Sales Development Rep with exceptional communication skills who can help develop our outbound strategy. The primary responsibilities for this role are two-fold:
Supporting our Account Executive team in North America to generate opportunities for partnerships with cities and transit agencies through out-bounding, webinars, and events.
Supporting the written responses to government procurements (Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information) that lead to partnerships.
This is a multi-faceted role that draws on a diverse set of experiences, skills, and interests. We recognize that there are many paths to have acquired the skills needed to succeed in this role, and welcome all applicants who are energized by the prospect of this work but may come from nontraditional backgrounds. Our team members value process, metrics, and efficiency as a path to team scalability and success. We would support this role from headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
You’ll be a good fit if:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative, Proposal Coordinator, or similar roles
- You’re driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent, high achievement
- You are deeply collaborative and are excited to work alongside your team and cross-functional peers
- You’re a clear communicator with excellent verbal and written skills with attention to grammar and tone
As an SDR, you will:
- Research cities and transit agencies current needs and priorities in order to craft a great first impression by adding value to customer touch-points
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision makers
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through various outbound channels to increase customer interest, and excitement in Remix’s platform
- Own the coordination of responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), including project management and writing
- Own the standard documentation required for RFIs and RFPs, including: cover letters, company history/background, insurance requirements, business forms, etc
- Work with the Marketing team to prepare for and attend events (in person or online) on behalf of the company, meeting prospects and customers to generate new opportunities for the Account Executive team
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Energy Impact Partners, and YC, Remix is working to serve the growing transportation technology needs of cities around the world. Read more about how our work is impacting customers here: https://remix.com/blog
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.