Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Senior Desktop Support Analyst
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Full-Time - Contract to Hire (6-month)
About the Role
TuneIn is looking for a Sr Desktop Support Analyst to join the Corporate IT team in our San Francisco office (remote to start). Become the go-to person for technical help and work independently to provide support and solutions for issues big and small. From on-boarding new hires to maintaining and automating our suite of SaaS applications, this role will touch on all things IT and prioritize the customer (employee) experience. Collaborate across the Engineering Operations organization on projects spanning networking, security, infrastructure, and automation and find your passion in tech.
TuneIn has transitioned its employees from 3 offices (San Francisco, Venice, and New York) to a purely remote workforce. The Corporate IT team was responsible for making that a smooth and secure transition, now supports all employees remotely in their day to day operations, and will be on-hand to build out our future office locations when the time is right. We are also taking this time to push forward on security initiatives - such as improving security for access in AWS, codifying our GitHub access, and streamlining our just-in-time provisioning through Okta to name a few current and upcoming projects.
The Corporate IT team at TuneIn believes in leveraging technology to improve every employee’s workday. From building and maintaining internal cloud infrastructure to maintaining SaaS based productivity tools, the team strives to provide an environment where technology is an improvement, not an impediment.
This role will focus on the following, but not limited to
- Resolving a variety of IT-related end-user and service issues throughout the day
- Identifying and completing assigned tasks as part of larger projects around infrastructure or SaaS services
- Administrating services such as G Suite, Jira & Confluence, Zoom, Slack, and PRTG
- Handling day-to-day tasks such as asset purchasing and management, account access control, and technical support
- Providing high quality documentation for both team and company specific items
- Account creation and removal for onboarding and off-boarding
- Presenting the Corp IT orientation to new hires (over Zoom to start)
The Skill Set
- Troubleshoots issues and wants to know the why, not just how
- Understands/values timeliness and completeness for projects
- Shows a strong sense understanding over their area of expertise (network, server administration, SaaS management, security)
- Able to troubleshoot the physical office equipment (presentation gear, conference room setups, etc.)
- Comfortable managing services across the IT organization such as: vendor managed email, productivity tools, file sharing, DEP, SSO, Active Directory, public cloud computing, and office networking
- Familiar with the standard finance processes of asset management and expense reporting
- Remains calm under the pressure of deadlines and high stress situations
- Works well independently with little supervision
- Works well with others outside of team boundaries
- Relishes the opportunity to research, learn, and use new technologies
- Approachability and a stellar customer service mentality
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- A strong sense of ownership on the projects you handle
- Experience with the Atlassian, AWS, Okta, and/or Terraform
- Experience managing a G Suite environment with GAM
- 2+ years experience supporting a primarily Mac based environment
- Demonstrable skill with a scripting language
- Certifications: CompTIA, Microsoft, AWS, or Cisco preferred
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. With venture funding from Sequoia Capital, Comcast Ventures, IVP, Innovation Endeavors, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.