online trucking marketplace
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA, NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About the role:
As the Head of Dispatch, you’ll lead a team of operators focused on ensuring timely delivery of containers and scaling the NEXT business. You’ll oversee a team that works with carriers and teams across the company to dispatch carriers, deliver loads, drive network density, and resolve customer issues with high service levels. You will be responsible for setting and hitting team goals, defining key metrics, allocating resources, establishing tracking, scaling operations, improving processes, driving operational efficiency, and developing internal operations tools. This is a critical role for the company and an exciting opportunity for you to lead a team that is driving growth while shaping and defining the carrier experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the dispatch team and help it scale though the development of processes and ops tools
- Establish team strategy and OKRs, own resource and staffing decisions, and be responsible for progress towards goals
- Manage, mentor, and scale a team of skilled operators
- Partner with Sales, Data Science, Product, and Operations teams to prioritize volume, identify opportunities for scale, and reduce operational inefficiencies
- Oversee the matching of drivers to loads according to delivery plans in order to maximize efficiency, customer satisfaction, and driver opportunity
- Identify opportunities to increase volume, margin, and service across the drayage business
- Work with Customer Success Representatives to optimize load scheduling to drive network balance while ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of professional experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500 in strategy, operations, programs or similar fields. Bonus points if you have experience in supply chain or logistics
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience and passion for working in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Experience steering large programs or operations from design through implementation and scale
- Experience building and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals
- Comfortable with data analytics (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- Strong people leadership skills - you can set the tone for a team and drive towards results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy and tactics
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry