Tessian's Human Layer Security platform uses machine learning to understand human relationships and communication behavior in order to protect businesses from threats executed by people on email.
Customer Success Director
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer.
Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia, Accel and Balderton and has offices in San Francisco and London.
Customer Success at Tessian
Having found exceptional product/market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and looking for an exceptional Customer Success leader to help scale us to the next level.
Overseeing our customer base and owning our key customer metrics, you will be at the epicentre of defining how we demonstrate and amplify the value Tessian brings, establish meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and deepen our commercial relationships.
You will be passionate about inspiring, developing and coaching a team of high-performing CSMs to be the best they can be, whilst relentlessly focusing on customer health and the best-in-class customer retention and expansion metrics that have defined our success to date.
You will understand the importance of communication and collaboration in defining a customer-first mentality, and work closely with our technical and commercial leadership to ensure we’re championing our customer centricity value in both the culture and product.
This opportunity will serve as an inflection point in your career - joining the leadership team of one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history - but won’t be easy. We’re constantly pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles and you’ll need to move quickly and accurately - continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep pushing Tessian forward.
You will inspire, nurture and build a team that will:
- Is set up to scale through repeatable processes, impactful enablement and best-in-class technology
- Will serve as the primary point of contact post implementation for our customers - helping them on their journey to reduce their risk through protecting their people.
- Work with customers to identify areas where they can extend their protection through use of our wider platform
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and exec sponsors to ensure they are using the solution to achieve their security outcomes
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure successful renewals
- Act as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement in the product and our processes
We'd love to meet someone with:
- 5 + years of B2B SaaS experience (ideally security) in a fast-growth VC-backed organisation in a customer-focused leadership role
- Experience of working with customers of all sizes (from 500 to 10,000 users) to drive customer towards their outcomes
- Experience of building and managing a team of high-performing commercially and product-focused individuals with an emphasis on making the customer successful
- High EQ and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience of, and a passion for, leading teams with a focus on empowerment, positive-mindsets and collaboration
- A strong product mind with the appetite and aptitude to develop a deep understanding of our technology and the cybersecurity industry in general
Why we think you'll love it here
- All Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries.
- Beyond this, there’s plenty more that makes Tessian a great place to work:
- A full week of work-remote a year, in addition to 25 days of paid holiday
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit for you to work on
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- On Fridays we stop at 5 for a virtual happy hour (or, to just log off early!)
- Classpass subsidy - which you can use for either in person or virtual classes
Coronavirus has changed how we work, and we’re currently working from home. During these times we’re supporting our team with:
- A work-from-home subsidy to cover all your home office must-haves
- Remote socials with food and drinks budgets
- There’s plenty to look forward to once we’re back in the office too:
- An array of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Flexible work from home policy
- Team lunch provided once a week
- Ping-pong and chess tournaments
- Whole team socials every quarter
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.