Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our dynamic growing Accounting team. You will be responsible for processing US payroll for a rapid growing global organization. With your expertise, you will be responsible for processing the US payroll for 200+ employees. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
You will report directly to the Global Payroll Manager.
About the Role
- Process bi-weekly and/or semi-monthly multi-state payroll for U.S. salaried and hourly employees & prepare summaries for approval
- Manages the time-sheet submission and approval process
- Calculate and process off-cycle payroll as necessary
- Reconcile benefit deductions between payroll system and providers
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll requirements and updates
- Manage all employee payroll inquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Complete payroll-related journal entries in accordance with month-end deadlines
- Ensure accurate and timely filings for federal and various states reporting and annual W-2’s filing
- Assist with external audits - year end, payroll, 401k
- Perform other ad hoc reporting requests from Accounting, Finance and People Operations
- Partner with People Operations to ensure personnel data is received in a timely and accurate manner
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and ability to detect inconsistencies in data
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to think independently, solve problems with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively communicate with teammates and cross functional partners
- Minimum 2 years recent hands-on U.S. payroll experience in fast-paced environment
- High-level understanding of systems and how they interface and ability to easily learn new systems
- Ability to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records
- Experience with audit procedures, tax and accounting practices and human resources is preferred
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Singapore, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.