Amplitude helps companies build better products.
The Go-to-Market Operations team leverages data, technology, and process to support the explosive growth of Amplitude. We partner with leaders from the Go-to-Market team (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Partnerships) to develop a cohesive go-to-market strategy and execute on a global scale. The business systems team is the foundation component of GTM Ops that provides the data, automation, and tooling required for scale.
The Strategy & Operations team leverages data, technology, and process to support the explosive growth of Amplitude. We partner with leaders from the go-to-market team (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Partnerships) to develop a cohesive go-to-market strategy and execute on a global scale.
About the Role
You’ll build the strategy and process for how Amplitude sells into different markets while driving the deployment of systems to boost sales productivity. Handling everything from territory structuring, revenue strategy, compensation plans, to forecasting, you will work closely with GTM leadership and sales reps to ensure our team is well-supported and successful. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with sales leadership to develop and execute on strategies related to organizational structure, headcount allocation, goal setting, demand generation, and territory design
- Lead operational effort to support our front line managers, account executives, and sales development team day-to-day
- Track key pipeline metrics (e.g. MQL, pipeline creation, target account penetration, conversions, win rates, etc) and design experiments to drive efficiencies
- Partner with sales, marketing, and systems teams to design, track, and monitor effective lead routing and territory rollout
- Conduct data-driven analysis to understand growth drivers and provide recommendations to the broader organization about future opportunities
- Support sales leadership and finance in compensation plan design and quarterly reporting
Things you love
- Thinking about the bigger picture of how sales teams can function more efficiently and effectively
- Thinking of new ways to solve existing problems using data, process, and technology
- Diving into complex datasets and gleaning insights to provide strategic recommendations
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Working closely with salespeople and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of experience in sales strategy, sales operations, business analyst, or financial analyst roles
- Ability to partner with executives and manage multiple stakeholders cross functionally
- Proficient in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (e.g. should know commonly-used functions such as INDEX(MATCH), VLOOKUP, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce.com and/or Tableau
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through; can own and take tasks through to completion
- Additional experience working at a high growth startup / tech company
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional collaboration and influence
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series E, led by GIC, and crossed into the Unicorn valuation
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.