Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is on a mission! We’re making it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with meaningful things. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 250 million listings, making us one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps.
Carousell’s product team leads this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join us in our mission. Someone who cares about the aesthetics but also goes beyond the aesthetics to create the right product for people. This means getting the design right and getting the right design—equally important for us.
- Conduct research to inform product decisions—you’re not told what to design; you work closely with your team to decide what to design
- Prototype and iterate concepts to learn what user needs—to get the right design
- Conduct user testing to ensure ease of use—to get the design right
- Create low and high fidelity user interfaces and experiences across our iOS, Android and Web apps, keeping yourself updated on the latest design patterns
- Work closely with engineers to support implementation
- Lead the vision of your product area, together with your product/data/engineering/business counterparts.
- Engage, motivate and drive a high performance team of designers
- Coach and develop junior designers
- Facilitate collaboration among designers and actively drive team synergies
- Portfolio showcasing projects in visual and user experience design
- Experience in designing for iOS, Android and/or Web apps, and familiarity with the respective guidelines and standards
- Familiarity with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator or similar tools
- Familiarity with Marvel, Origami, Framer, Proto.io, or similar tools
- Curiosity, having a keen interest in people and their needs
- Passion, for building usable and beautiful user experiences
- Attention to design details
- Communication skills to explain your design process and rationale
- Experience with user research
- A Carousell account—because immersion is a great way to gain empathy!