Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover's Operations teams are responsible for building, designing, and implementing the systems, processes, and capabilities that help Clover succeed in our mission of improving health outcomes for our members and effecting change in the healthcare system. We collaborate with teams across the entire organization to ensure our members have access to the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
We are looking to hire a Senior Manager, Plan Operations Logistics to support our growing operational excellence function. This is a brand new team designed to bring logistical and operational support to the entire company. In this role you will partner with stakeholders and company leadership to stand up new programs and initiatives and execute on key deliverables. You will leverage your deep problem solving and organizational expertise to develop and lead operational excellence and process improvement initiatives in support of Clover's goals and strategies.
As a Senior Manager, Plan Operations Logistics you will:
- Partner with various stakeholders to un
- Create and articulate a strategic vision, solution, and corresponding project plan when solving complex problems.
- Design and drive process and workflow implementation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Optimize productivity of a lean team through mentorship and identifying opportunities to be more resourceful.
- Develop accurate reporting and metrics to incessantly drive continuous improvements while enabling visibility into the quality of daily operations.
- Create sustainable ways to track, measure and analyze deliverables to meet KPI metrics.
- Identify the root cause of operational weaknesses and help implement the right solution.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships and provide effective leadership on collaborative projects.
You will love this job if:
- You're a logistical guru. You view complex projects similar to a Tetris puzzle and understand how to fit all the pieces together seamlessly.
- You are a people person. You communicate effectively to build trust and lasting partnerships with people, teams, and stakeholders from all different backgrounds.
- You are a strategic prioritizer, and able to identify where and when to focus your energy.
- You have a critical and analytical mindset. You understand how all the components of a process fit together and believe in the value of making data-driven decisions; you continuously monitor the efficacy of your programs through metrics tracking.
- You are agile, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 10+ years of prior experience working in a professional environment performing program, analytical and operational support.
- You have prior knowledge or experience building logistics-dependent operations (i.e. ride-sharing, delivery services, home care, field operations).
- You have proven experience taking large-scale initiatives from concept to completion.
- You have demonstrated ability to scope and drive focused execution in a broad and complex environment.
- You have prior management and leadership experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.