Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
Clover is looking for a Healthcare Data Engineer to expand and scale our clinical data platform. In this role, you will work at the intersection of Engineering and Healthcare Interoperability leveraging your skills as a software engineer to build out functionality to improve our patients outcomes. In this role, you will also work cross functionally with Product Managers, Healthcare SMEs, Clinicians, and other engineers.
As a Healthcare Data Engineer, you will:
- Commit to simplifying the complexities of healthcare by building systems that multiply human efforts.
- Build out new APIs and functionality on top of FHIR APIs.
- Be accountable for scaling up our clinical data capabilities as we scale our initiatives.
- Build out deidentification and synthetic clinical data capabilities.
- Learn about new tools and technologies to solve problems and move our goals forward.
- Help the team define and maintain development practices that let us iterate quickly while maintaining quality — including writing tests and documenting key implementations.
- Mentor other engineers on how to leverage clinical and Interoperability standards.
You will love this job if:
- You love working in Healthcare and have a deep desire to leverage your code to make an impact in people’s lives.
- You understand the “dirtiness” of clinical data and seek out ways to improve its quality.
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
You should get in touch if:
- You are fully proficient in writing SQL Queries in Postgres, MySQL, BigQuery, Snowflake, or other database systems.
- You have worked with FHIR Data and FHIR APIs before and you have experience with HL7v2, CCDA, and other interoperability standards is a plus.
- You are familiar with common healthcare code sets like ICD, SNOMED, RXNORM, LOINC, etc.
- You are comfortable working as a data engineer cleaning, normalizing, and improving data quality.
- You can create and call Restful APIs, experience with gRPC is a plus.
- You have experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers and are familiar with GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- You are knowledgeable of HIPAA Requirements, HITRUST and other standards is a plus.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.