An on-demand delivery service.
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're looking for experienced engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team to help us develop a 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
Mapping is a core part of making our deliveries successful -- from our real-time routing algorithms, accurate ETA predictions, to accurate handling of geography. There is no shortage of interesting problems to solve!
Here are some potential projects you’d work on
- Build an ETA platform that powers all of our real-time ETAs across every vertical
- Make DoorDash the highest quality and most efficient platform when it comes to doing deliveries
- Build internal tools to allow for everyone in DoorDash to make sense of geo-spatial data and to help us make better decisions
What you’ll achieve
- A deep understanding of mapping tech and domain
- Develop and define the architecture and tech stack for a product area
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our frontend and backend systems
- Use technology to make a huge impact to the business
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Able to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing REST API’s, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Nice To Haves
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Experience with Java/Kotlin
- Contributor to open source projects
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
- Software Engineer, Streaming & Realtime Data Platform Mountain View, CA, US
- Software Engineer, Site Reliability (SRE) Mountain View, CA, US
- Software Engineer, Front-End San Francisco, CA, US
- Software Engineer, Database Reliability Engineer Mountain View, CA, US