An on-demand delivery service.
Doordash is looking for a product-minded engineering manager to oversee various parts of our Delivery Experience teams in San Francisco. Our vision as a team is to ensure that every delivery is the highest quality delivery possible and Delivery Experience starts after a consumer clicks checkout and ends on a successful delivery! There's a wide breadth of problems to solve across mobile, web, backend, machine learning building products that delight our customers as well as ensuring that our infrastructure scales with our needs.
What You’ll Do
- Scale the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance for a team of 6-12 engineers
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for a variety of our products
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, and mobile
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skillset and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- Prior experience working in identity platforms and products
- Able to navigate ambiguous business problems and a track record of business and technical wins
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.