An on-demand delivery service.
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
This leader for International Expansion will drive DoorDash’s next phase of growth by expanding into markets around the world. You'll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. You will own the development and implementation of strategic plans to launch new markets (countries) and continue expanding in current international markets.
The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and program/project management.
This is an exciting time to join and make a difference. Given the three-sided nature of our business, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for the company.
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Set the international roadmap along with product and strategy leaders.
- You will be tackling many of our toughest problems, you will need to see the bigger picture as you solve them.
- Lead high-impact localization and internationalization tech platform development as well as growth product initiatives that help international expansion and new market launch.
- Inspiring your team and others by identifying and solving biggest problems in various geographies.
- Recruiting and retaining talented software engineers.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant challenges and have a large impact.
- Make a direct impact in DoorDash’s global operations and international expansion
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- Passion for international markets.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 3 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Have a desire in making an impact.
- You have a product and data-informed mindset.
- You are a highly logical, analytical and innovative thinker.
- You are a fast learner, with excellent problem solving, communication and project management skills.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.