Conversational marketing platform.
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the Role
As a Strategic Sales Engineer you will lead solution based product demonstrations with our key prospects to ensure nothing stops them from getting the most out of Drift and Conversational Marketing. We are passionate about putting customers first, which drives a different sort of sale.
You’ll be an integral part of the Enterprise Sales team, working with both Pre and Post-Sales to ensure a functional fit and create innovative solutions for our customers.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer acquisition, completion, and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Leading solution based demonstrations of the Drift product based on a prior discovery of the prospect’s needs
- Support and assist sales executives with all aspects of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, security reviews, and through the close of new business
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Partner with Customer Success to provide new customers with a seamless onboarding experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
By month 3 you'll
- Master Drift product and have a deep understanding of the industry
- Full command our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in customer experience
- Grow into an integral part of our sales team helping customers overcome technical and security-related questions and concerns
- Passionate about customers extracting the most value out of Drift by sharing best practices for usage and adoption
- Lead product demonstrations that provide value and solutions to prospect’s predetermined needs and challenges
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign-On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
- Make product and process improvement recommendations
By month 6 you'll
- A source of expertise on your team in a particular area
- Drive complex deals from initial contact through close within a fast-paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
By one year you’ll:
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a technical sales/solutions/consulting role, with a record of top performance in the B2B SaaS or Consulting space for Enterprise accounts/clients
- You are creative, technical, and naturally persuasive
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems which may include Marketo, Pardot, or Eloqua.
- You are ambitious and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis
- You are resilient and can take candid feedback well
- You are OK with juggling lots of priorities and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important things done
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com