Shared inbox for teams.
Head of Customer Solutions & Success
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
As the Head of Global Customer Solutions, you will lead the Global Solutions function and team for Front; including our customer support team, our customer success management team, and our onboarding team. The ultimate success of our customers is the top priority for Front, and you will be a key architect of the customer journey that helps them realize the full potential of our solution. You will be responsible for scaling our team of Customer Success Managers who partner closely with Account Managers on the sales side, Customer Support representatives, Sales Engineers and Onboarding Managers and the associated processes and playbooks to support our thousands of customers across all market segments. You will drive consistent and measurable improvement in adoption, retention, and CSAT that lead to world-class company growth, all while managing to the right capacity to drive efficiency in the business.
What you'll do:
- Build and scale the Front Customer Solutions playbook to find the “moments that matter” in the customer lifecycle, from onboarding through enterprise-wide deployment.
- Define what world class onboarding looks like to drive quick and holistic org wide adoption and improve time to value.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales leadership, Marketing, Solutions Engineering, Product, and Engineering to coordinate the account approach for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, representing“one team in service to our customers” . This includes identifying the key differences in approach by Segment, partnering closely with revenue ops and sales to drive to right partnered activities and capacity.
- Develop hypotheses that can be validated by the Data team for key usage metrics correlated with success and adoption; manage to KPIs of success - feature adoption, DAU/MAU ratio, user growth, churn, CSAT, cost per customer.
- Create clarity across all roles in organization so that team members understand what great looks like, and understand the remit and responsibilities of their role.
- Drive skill development and a growth mindset within the team: proactivity, communication, engagement, relationship development, identifying key trends of adoption, uncovering value, and implementation support.
- With with frontline managers and our people team to recruit a world class team who live Front’s values, create an engaged culture, and create clear career pathing within your org.
- Communicate key trends and insights cross-functionally amongst Customer Growth peers, Product and Engineering.
What we're looking for:
- Experience managing and building up Customer Solutions function at the Director or VP-level in a scaling startup environment
- 7+ years driving successful outcomes in both customer success and other customer-facing roles for SaaS companies or tech platforms, such as sales, sales engineering, technical support, product management, professional services, marketing
- Seasoned leader and scaler of post-sales teams, well-versed in managing, hiring and developing CSMs
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Proven ability to develop a successful collaboration and communication strategy with executive leadership, technical and sales teams
- Lead with player-coach mentality, empower teams to solve problems creatively, and motivate and mentor up-and-coming talent hands-on
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.