Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier’s Social Art Director is the creative architect of the company’s largest and most dynamic marketing channels. In this role, the Social Art Director will ideate and create original content to be used on Glossier’s various social channels to assist company goals, educate our followers, and inspire and bring joy to our online community. This job requires a level of nimbleness, so the ideal candidate should be able to quickly ideate, design and/or shoot photos, videos, or layouts as needed. This person will work closely with other members of the Marketing and Creative Teams, including designers, other art directors, video editors and brand managers, to bring these social projects to life.
The ideal candidate is proactive, highly creative, and well-versed in social media platforms, particularly the nuances of Instagram. They should be skilled in graphic design and typography and also have the ability to do basic editing and motion graphics. Additionally, this person should have relationships with content creators to collaborate with on social channels. They should be a great problem-solver and flexible to adapt to the ever-evolving climate of social media. Additionally, the ideal Social Art Director should be able execute and/or oversee social storytelling moments that speak to Glossier’s dedication in creating thoughtful, imaginative content for our online community.
Six Month Expectations
- Create photo/video franchises to be executed on Instagram and TikTok and other relevant social channels
- Recruit and collaborate with content creators and beauty experts for ad hoc and franchise social content
- Closely monitor trends, feedback, and sentiment on our social channels to inform social content
- Work cross functionally with members of the Creative Team and Brand Team to bring social content to life
- Adjust social content as needed to meet engagement, impression, and follower goals
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Create a clear social identity and visual “world” within Glossier’s Instagram
- Work closely with the Go To Market team to build out the impact and longevity of product launch moments
- Manage the Content Associate and ensure that the social calendar is always planned out at least a month in advance
- Inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted the the customer
- 5+ years of professional social media experience, preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- A photography or Instagram portfolio that demonstrates their ability to shoot photos and video
- Some proficiency in video and photo editing
- Strong project management and organization skills
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.