Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build systems, interactions, and mechanics that are delightful, reliable, and performant across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR). You will also contribute cross-functionally on a wide variety of features and tools in an agile environment.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core game systems and tools across multiple platforms.
- Work autonomously to solve technical design and development problems across the studio.
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions.
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional games development experience
- Experience with rendering, memory and performance optimization
- Experience with Game Security or Cryptography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in networking and multiplayer concepts
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to work full time out of our Seattle WA office
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
- Experience with and passion for design
Company Info to Know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room values work-life balance and provides unlimited paid time off. We work hard to ensure Rec Room is a fun and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.