Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Trust & Safety team. In this role, you will build features to ensure our player community is a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life, including compelling social and inclusive experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve Trust & Safety across all of Rec Room
- Build and improve moderation tools, features, and workflows that keep the player community safe
- Build strong relationships with the various teams and disciplines across Rec Room to ensure clear communication lines and deliverables are met
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready gameplay code (ie C# or C++)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to work out of our Seattle, WA office (Ability to telecommute until we are back in the office, timeline TBD)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Background in Augmented or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
- Strong 3d math skills
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.