Amplitude helps companies build better products.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to help build out our data collection and processing framework and aren't afraid to tackle the challenges of a growing data company. As a member of the Data Pipeline team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the features and scaling underlying distributed systems that power our core analytics product by processing up to 2 trillion impressions per month.
In this role, you will get to solve hardcore Infrastructure challenges like designing for extreme throughput, designing/optimizing systems with millisecond latencies, building resilient systems to achieve close to zero downtime. You will also get to interact with everything from our in-house highly available data collection and real time data processing pipeline to our export framework to connect Amplitude data to internal, customer and partner systems, written in Java and Python. In Amplitude, you will also get to closely work with Product and Customers to define the strategy and roadmap for our core product and new features.
Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including Real-Time Stream processing, Kafka, Redis/Elasticache, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, Kubernetes, Terraform. You will share your ideas with a group of similarly innovative and curious engineers.
As a Software Engineer II, you will:
- Take product ideas from design to implementation
- Develop backend services that expand the capabilities of our analytics product
- Optimize the performance of our data ingestion and processing pipelines
- Collaborate with Product and Design to iterate on our product
- Participate in design and code reviews
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 1+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- Experience with Python or Java
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as our innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the DataMonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.