Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Director of Product Marketing
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,000 innovative companies like LinkedIn, Hubspot, Service Titan, Pinterest, and Drift trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Gong is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our Marketing team. As an early member of the Product Marketing team, you will report to the Vice President of Product Marketing to lay the foundation for PMM at Gong and collaborate with stakeholders across the company on key initiatives.
In this role, success requires developing a deep understanding of our customers, their use cases, and how Gong can help drive these outcomes and translating this insight to compelling messaging, buyer personas, sales decks, marketing campaigns, etc. Defining and driving product launches is also a critical element of this role.
You are an exceptional product champion and have extensive experience in enterprise B2B product marketing, as well as proven success in scaling product marketing teams. You have experience developing strategic and innovative GTM programs for B2B software products and you have successfully launched high growth products in your career. You deeply understand market dynamics, customer needs, the competitive landscape and product.
This is a high-impact, high-visibility role where you will serve as the subject matter expert for the product, both internally and externally. Working with cross-functional teams (especially Product Management and Sales) and approaching business problems in a data-driven and structured manner are fundamental aspects of this role.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market, including buyer personas, key uses cases, and customer needs
- Own product positioning & messaging for Gong - no less than that!
- Craft engaging and high-quality marketing collateral using every medium (videos, keynotes, PowerPoint etc.) and channels (web copy, webinars, field events, sales decks, etc.)
- Make Gong’s product launches bigger than life by collaborating symbiotically with Product Management and a variety of stakeholders
- Work closely with the Demand Generation team on marketing campaigns to drive pipeline
- Partner with Sales Enablement to arm the sales team to effectively deliver Gong’s value proposition to customers and prospects
- 8+ years of marketing experience, preferably with 5+ years of product marketing experience in the B2B SaaS space
- Track record with a modern marketing mix; has developed narratives, created thought leadership, presented to large groups and navigated marketing analytics; is a confident communicator
- Proven successful experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including B2B Sales teams
- Highly cross-functional, with the ability to partner with different teams across the company
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Stand out verbal and written communication skills
- Previous start-up experience is a huge plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.