Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Technical Account Manager
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $40 million Series B investment led by Sequoia in July 2019. We’ve seen 8x customer growth in just one year, and now work with 500+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Urban Outfitters, Coach, & Crate and Barrel. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for naturally curious, creative people that can think on their feet and enthusiastically tackle problems head on. As an Attentive Technical Account Manager (TAM) you will work with our customers to “make the magic happen” with Attentive’s suite of products. You will serve as a key link between Sales and Solutions Engineering (SE) as a technical resource for clients, communicating how our technology can be employed to reach their goals and grow their business. TAMs communicate well with any audience from developers to executives, manage client expectations and ensure Attentive receives everything it needs from clients in order to execute.
- Serve as a resource for Sales to answer client technical questions during the pre-sales and post sales processes
- Work with SE/Product in various stages of the product release cycle, from requirements gathering to release and UAT
- Identify solutions for the customer to ensure their success within the Attentive ecosystem
- Advise and assist with integrations with other adtech systems and data management platforms
- Propose product enhancements and features to meet client needs
- Provide general technical expertise about the entire digital ad ecosystem
- Perform technical presentations to clients
- Translate client requests into business and functional requirements
- Play key role in the launch of core and future products and features
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical service environment. Ad tech experience not required but preferred
- Strong client-facing communication skills; ability to explain technical capabilities to CEO’s, Directors and CTO's
- Affinity for problem solving and crafting creative, reusable solutions
- Insightful, innovative and adapts well to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- HTML/CSS experience a plus - ability to read and understand it
- Experience with 3rd party data providers both from targeting and analytics standpoint
- Understanding of client CRM data and PII issues
- Strong decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Effective cross-department communication
Benefits and Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.