online trucking marketplace
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Operations Manager for the Drayage Marketplace, you’ll lead a team of Operations Specialists focused on ensuring timely delivery of containers, exceptional support to customers, and scaling the NEXT business. You’ll oversee a team that will own the end to end flow of a container from start to finish, from when we receive the Delivery Order from our shippers until we terminate the container at port, bill the shipper, and authorize payment to the driver.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the Operations Specialists team and help scale with strong operational processes
- Use metrics to manage the overall health of the business and driver business results
- Build and update SOPs from start to finish and introduce effective processes
- Align the marketplace operations with our product vision and strategies
- Develop and continually improve operating processes and KPI’s for the Drayage team
- Work with Yard Management team on inbound/outbound scheduling for optimal yard efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of professional experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500 in strategy, operations, programs or similar fields. Bonus points if you have experience in supply chain or logistics
- Direct people management experience
- Bachelor's degree prefered
- Experience leading an operations team to exceptional consistent performance
- Experience and passion for working in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with industry-standard TMS systems as well as Microsoft productivity software, google suite a plus
- Comfortable with data analytics (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- Passion for technology
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary + bonus + equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment