Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We’re searching for an experienced Technical Recruiter to support the hiring efforts for Aurora's R&D and Software teams.
- Develop and grow relationships with the different hiring managers across software engineering
- Sync regularly with managers to go over pipeline, qualify new requirements, and troubleshoot any blocking points within the recruiting funnel
- Source leading talent in and outside our industry and effectively engage passive candidates
- Provide excellent interviewing experience for candidates throughout the process
- Sell, negotiate with, and ultimately sign candidates
- Take a data-driven approach to managing hiring pipelines and meeting hiring targets
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and programs across recruiting
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience
- Extensive full cycle recruiting experience recruiting highly skilled software engineers
- Strong initiative and resourcefulness across all stages of the hiring cycle
- Compelling communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build strong, long-lasting relationships
- Experience using Greenhouse ATS
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital, Greylock and Index Ventures.