Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Global Internal Communications Manager, you are responsible for developing and executing exceptional communications strategy for internal teams across Bird, leading internal product campaigns, and supporting in the development and maintenance of internal platforms and channels.
You're a messaging expert who can craft and direct comms for clarity, purpose, and intent. When others in the organization need advice and support for their communications challenges, you'll be a trusted consultant. The best comms strategists strive to deeply understand their customers so they can speak their language and communicate with empathy.
- Develop content and build programs for internal channels (intranet, social channels, company emails, town halls, events, talent programs, etc.) related to your partners.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal clients on how to communicate information to employees.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, plan, communicate, and coordinate celebratory occasions, company communication initiatives, volunteer activities, and other team member engagement opportunities.
- Establish employer branding practice working collaboratively with HR, Communications, PR and other teams to advocate for, and project manage execution of relevant initiatives.
- Write compelling and effective copy for a variety of audiences and channels including (but not limited to) newsletters, videos, presentations, virtual events, and announcements.
- Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business.
- Drive change thoughtfully, and proactively, coming up with creative change management solutions.
- Develop strategies to effectively and swiftly respond to a variety of crisis situations.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up-level our internal communications program.
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative, inspiring, compelling, and aligns with corporate messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/PR, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Employee/ Internal Communications experience in a corporate or agency environment; micro mobility and/or tech industry experience a plus
- Proven track record of successfully managing communication strategy with all levels of leadership - from senior managers to C-level executives.
- Ability to develop strategies and implement detailed company-wide communications plans.
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others.
- Passion for working in a mission-oriented environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
- An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do”, problem-solving attitude and approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-evolving environment.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Trusted partner who can keep news and information under strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated capability to deliver internal communications that are representative of company values and culture in a global setting.
- Deadline oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Proficiency in communication tools such as Slack, Zoom, and G-Suite is a must.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.