Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Carousell has offices in nine countries, across Southeast Asia, India, Taiwan and Hong Kong. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We’re looking for a highly enthusiastic and meticulous Accounting Manager (Revenue and Collection) that is significant to our Carousell platform in high volume transactions reconciliation. This individual contributor role is highly challenging and significantly impact the users experience on our platform.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the finance; Order-to-Cash (O2C), highly complex transactional reconciliation, etc
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles for O2C
- Oversee Accounts Receivable, Collection and Credit control function
- Partner with business stakeholders on revenue reporting and needed support on receivables and collections
- Drive active communication and discussion with business stakeholders on needed action for aging receivables and/or payment issues.
- Providing operational support on month-end closing
- Generating and reviewing periodical performance reporting to senior management; manage all external reporting towards regulators and auditors
- Ensuring adherence to internal guidelines towards O2C
- Establishing and maintaining a repository for documents
- Performing periodic self-assessment to ensure all internal controls and regulations are adhered to on a timely basis
- Supporting new business initiatives and process improvement
- Liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders i.e. bank, finance, product team, new partners, Sales Ops, and sales teams
- Performing ad-hoc assignment as communicated.
- Qualified CA or CPA
- At least 5 years proven experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a fast-paced or e-commerce industry
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to partner with business stakeholders.
- Assertive and subject matter expert in revenue reporting, O2C and collections
- Experience managing a small team
- Strong acumen in business logics
- Technology Savvy, able to work with systems and able to manipulate large amounts of data
- Self-driven with good organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple deliverables and tight timelines.
- A team player with good communication skill