Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for an experienced engineer in site reliability and infrastructure to join our engineering team. You will start at the ground floor, taking responsibility to shape a team, processes, and norms to build out and manage Clover's technology infrastructure. You will partner with technical leads in other engineering disciplines, as well as data scientists, and technology professionals to build and maintain a modern, scalable infrastructure platform that hosts domestic and international work loads with a variety of compute, storage, and networking needs. We're looking for an individual with prior experience deploying and maintaining containerized infrastructure and workloads. Kubernetes competency is highly valued.
As a DBA-SRE, you will:
- Build systems for declarative application and infrastructure lifecycle management: Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, Kubernetes Cluster Management, Service and Workload Inventory.
- Triage and Help Troubleshoot Problems, Downtime, and Alerts
- Collaboratively set the direction with the Site Reliability Engineering team, clearly establishing objectives that are aligned with Clover's company-level goals.
- Foster a healthy, results-oriented, and inter-disciplinary culture that is the bedrock of strong teams.
- Simplify the process by automating the delivery pipeline and database changes
- Act as the team expert in database/data warehouse performance and operational management across a variety of technologies including Relational and non-relational DBs including Postgres, CloudSQL, BigTable, BigQuery
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You want to be part of building a team that emphasizes delivery, reliability and security.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience with linux system administration and containerized applications or container based deployment.
- You have working knowledge of Security first principles and best practices: Least Privilege, Compartmentalization/Isolation, Attack Surface, Authentication/Authorization basics, Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation pr