Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. Bird has grown very rapidly in its first few years - we’ve provided tens of millions of rides to riders in over 100 cities around the globe - and we’re only just getting started.
The Business Operations Associate will champion high priority projects for the VP of Global Strategy. This role will tackle key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, an analytical / data-driven mindset, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Develop frameworks and drive data analysis on strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve the biggest, most important problems as they arise
- Work closely with other members of the Bird team - Operations, Sales, Product, Data - to source and identify ideas, measure the impact and efficiency of processes, and identify new ways to create value to the business
- Own the analytical layer of cross-functional strategic projects
- Scale incubated best practices from testing through global implementation
- Support business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Work as part of a global team. Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in strategy / investment banking / consulting / analytics or related; high-growth operations or startup experience
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Strong spreadsheet / presentation software skills
- Python, R, SQL or technical degree preferred
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.