Advancing 3D printing.
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to
delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study
must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create
technology that will influence industry around the world.
You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual
contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours. We are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to lead collaboration and development efforts with CM's (Contract Manufacturers) and third-party equipment providers.
- Develop new pre- and post-processing technologies to expand on Carbon’s existing platform
- Work cross functionally with Materials, Software, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to deliver value added production solutions to customers
- Engage with 3rd party machine builders and lead co-development efforts against program timelines
- Assess risks, weighing technical and commercial tradeoffs, and provide recommendations to leadership
- Work with customers to deliver customized DLS production capabilities
- Own new and existing processes and workflows
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10-15 years combined work experience in R&D and Manufacturing roles
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% a year
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of process engineering software systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work against compressed timelines
- Experience with chemical processes
Carbon is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. Even if you do not think you
meet 100% of the job requirements, we encourage you to apply.