On-demand moving and storage with on-demand retrieval.
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a process-oriented National Procurement Manager to build out and manage Clutter's entire procurement function. This person will oversee procurement across Clutter's national supply chain, including our 10+ retail locations, 10+ field office locations, 8 warehouses, LA corporate office, and multi-hundred vehicle fleet. This individual will need to be an effective hands-on operator as well as a strategic partner to numerous key stakeholders and our executive team. The role will report directly to our VP of Operations.
What you'll do:
- Fully own Clutter's procurement function - manage all processes related to procurement and serve as a close partner to the accounting and FP&A teams
- Work closely with our Finance and Growth teams to forecast procurement needs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Build out a comprehensive, enterprise-wide sourcing policy to ensure proper procurement processes and controls for the organization
- Establish a reliable and robust vendor network and manage their effectiveness through specific KPIs
- Continuously drive down procurement costs and strike the right balance between stocking costs and stock-out risk
- Serve as the champion for various stakeholders' procurement needs across the company
- Evaluate, negotiate, and oversee a wide range of vendor contracts to drive company-wide P&L savings
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in procurement or a related field; experience within a distribution or logistics environment a plus
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of procurement best practices, as well as strong financial acumen
- Experience managing numerous vendor negotiations and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to project manage effectively and work in a team environment to achieve results
- Ability to handle competing deadlines, set priorities, and establish processes in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.