Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As a Software Architect, you'll work across the stack and engineering team to help deliver high quality software. You will be responsible for thinking through Ethos tech stack and architecture evolution as our teams and products grow. Your current focus will be to help migrate Ethos current codebase to microservices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other engineers and leads to develop and ship products
- Work with different teams to evolve their architecture to promote scalability and velocity
- Participate inDesign Documents (RFC) and code reviews
- Communicate best practices and set standards for the team
- Mentor engineers and work with leaders to shape the roadmap
- Tech stack you’ll be working with: Typescript, Node, Go, and Python
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of full time engineering experience
- Significant experience with web frameworks, service oriented architecture (SOA), microservices and cloud technologies (we're on AWS)
- Experience with migrating a monolithic application to microservices is much desired
- Full stack engineering experience
- Experience with infrastructure, distributed systems, and deploying apps into a high-scale environment
- Torch bearer of collaborative and result oriented culture
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.