Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique and engaging online and offline experiences as well as consumer participation to fuel our growth. In order to meet our Company goals, we are looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to lead and optimize the order-to-cash accounting process. This role will have the opportunity to collaborate with members across all business functions and help the Company develop processes and procedures to scale and grow. This role will report directly to the Director of Accounting. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a difference and help scale a growing company.
Six Month Expectations
- Manage the month-end close and reporting process for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances and deferred revenue to ensure an accurate and timely revenue close and ensure compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies under ASC 606
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the revenue accounting function, with a focus on process improvements, automation and analysis of the business results to support the company’s scale and growth
- Collaborate with Data/Engineering on reporting enhancement initiatives related to the order-to-cash process
- Develop scalable, standardized, month-end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities
- Partner with Tax department to ensure all sales-related tax activities are properly captured and reported
- Partner with Technical Accounting department to ensure accounting policies and procedures are documented and in compliance with ASC 606
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Initiate reviews and analysis to provide business insights and respond to inquiries from senior management
- Review financial statement footnotes and disclosures related to revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue and allowances
- Be the technical expert in revenue recognition and prepare or review accounting memos for complex revenue transactions
- Ad hoc analysis, as requested
- Partner with departments across Glossier
- Continuously identify areas and opportunities to improve processes
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education in Accounting or related field with active CPA license
- 5+ years of total experience with 3 or more years of public accounting firm experience
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding ASC 606
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating large amounts of data with MS Excel (must be comfortable with vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities while managing and mentoring team members
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
- Experience with consumer goods and/or DTC, a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.