online trucking marketplace
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Over The Road Manager, you’ll be responsible for our OTR brokerage and company driver dispatch department. This includes both full truckload and less than truckload. Our business serves lanes across the US. You’ll apply best practices to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Innovation is a core practice at NEXT and infuses everything we do. You’ll be leading the charge for continuous improvement across your disciplines, applying lean methods and processes.
About The Role:
- Own the operations, strategy and tactical implementation of OTR Brokerage
- Attract, lead, and grow a team focused on providing world-class service to OTR drivers and shippers
- Support NEXT’s marketplace participants with exception handling
- Identify and rationalize market opportunities across clients, lanes, and services
- Create optimized and scalable business processes and define systems requirements to handle ongoing expansion
- Fully instrument and report the OTR brokerage business to provide transparency and insight to the company from tactical reports to executive dashboard views
- Apply lean / six-sigma methods and processes for continuous and quantum improvements
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Collaborate with sales, other operations teams, product and finance
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in operations management with a focus on logistics and supply chain management, preferably in line haul / OTR
- Experience with OTR brokerage
- P&L Management
- Six-sigma or lean production certification preferred
- Hands-on experience with continuous improvement
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Familiarity with the Department of Transportation, including hours of service and weight requirements
- Early-stage start-up experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated experience creating systems and integration requirements, including Salesforce, and enterprise billing systems
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary + bonus + equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment