online trucking marketplace
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Airbnb and Uber, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Sequoia Capital, GLP and Brookfield Ventures.
Software Engineering Manager, Data (hands-on):
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision makers who are transforming the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
- Lead team of Engineers in a hands-on capacity
- Grow the team and tools that will allow NEXT to get maximum value out of its data assets
- Build real-time pricing and data pipelines from the ground up
- Develop software services that leverage Machine Learning for pricing loads
- Work with Data Science group on image processing problems using computer vision
- Manage communication of data strategy and execution across the organization, including executive stakeholders
- Make strategic trade-offs between building technical foundation, understanding and driving new opportunities, and developing core competencies of the business
- Strong belief in the mission and business opportunity at NEXT
- Able to set up areas of ownership across team members to meet business needs while creating space for strategic data investments and innovations
- Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
- Understands at what depth and breadth to invest in data science opportunities for data science to drive impact at NEXT
- Can recruit and retain candidates to build a multi-talented, diverse team
- Compelling communicator and evangelist of data
- Understanding of available technologies for building modern data science capabilities
- Strong background in core data science skills (data engineering, analysis, modeling, and machine learning)
What you'll get:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry