Analyzes aerial imagery to find actionable information.
Solution Engineer - UK
Job Description / Skills Required
Are you interested in helping build a high-growth tech startup? Orbital Insight is currently seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our Solutions Engineering team in London. In this role, you will be embedded within a team whose focus it is to support our clients with the aim of enhancing the product development cycle. Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world using computer vision, artificial intelligence, and cloud computing. We leverage the rapidly growing availability of satellite, UAV, and other geospatial data sources to understand socio-economic trends at global, regional, and hyper-local scales. Our customers range from hedge funds to Fortune 500 companies to humanitarian organizations, each benefitting from insights we provide at a depth and scale previously unimaginable. Solutions engineering is a fast-paced job that requires our team to rapidly respond to client requests in order to build, evaluate, and ultimately sell new data sets that solve client problems. Orbital Insight supports a broad range of clients, from financial services to insurance to real estate, which means that a prospective candidate should have the ability to quickly get up to speed on a client’s vertical and be comfortable contact switching across multiple verticals.
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of sales materials to deliver in support of the client engagement and education process.
- Leverage deep understanding of our data and how it is consumed in order to educate our clients on how they can best deploy our data to fit their needs.
- Engage and closely work with clients / customers to discuss our data solutions, distill their needs, and drive the feedback discovery process to contribute to product development.· Mine our data for value by creating and publishing “insights” and other research-like analyses.
- Provide quantitative sales support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or data-heavy discipline such as economics, statistics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working in relevant fields.
- Authorized to work in UK without further work visa sponsorship.
- Strong research and data analysis skills, meticulousness and attention to detail are required.
- Strong verbal skills and a willingness to ask questions. Most of us picked up technical skills while on the job, which was the result of a willingness to learn and push beyond comfort zones.
- Coding experience or knowledge of Excel, Python and SQL, but does not have to be an extensive experience. We are also looking for people that can play the role of a jack of all trades and pick up the coding piece along the way.
- Professional experience drawing conclusions from data to aid decision making or consuming data in a commercial setting.
- Sales experience and client/customer facing is a plus.