productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
Help build a multi-tenant SaaS serving 3000+ global companies. Create robust backend services capable of hundreds of requests per second. Join a team that's redefining what product management systems can be.
We're scaling our engineering and our product to take on more complex customer challenges, so you will have the chance to work on brand new and significantly evolving systems that will have a big impact.
Our Tech Stack
- Our stack is React.js with Typescript on the frontend with a Ruby on Rails monolith as the historical core of our backend
- We're growing out a new fleet of services in Node.js/Typescript to augment, and in some cases take over from, the backend monolith as we scale
- We are refining an event-driven service architecture, using Kafka to let services communicate together asynchronously and resiliently
- We use the right storage solution for the job, which so far includes postgres and redis
- We’re running Elasticsearch to power our Insights search
- We are fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS
We're looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years of experience building backend systems (or functional equivalent)
- Experience with Node.js required
- Experience with k8s, AWS, distributed systems, messaging, event-driven systems preferred
- You have a track record of taking ownership for end-to-end design and delivery of features for your team, under the guidance of your manager
- You've worked on teams where you've owned and operated your own services, and you've had direct responsibility for some or all of
- Monitoring, System Metrics, and Dashboards
- Production Debugging and Incident Resolution
- CI/Deployment pipelines
- Tooling and Developer Experience
- Automated Testing
- You care about solving real problems for real users
- Your code is clean and well tested; you own development, from discovery through to production deployment
- You love to learn and are constantly improving your skills, and you aren't afraid to jump into new challenges
- Analytical thinking comes naturally to you
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague.
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
🌉Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non- Czech & Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague.
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.