Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a 3D Generalist, you will be concepting, composing, lighting, and building 3D assets across multiple storefronts and social media promotions. You’ll work on a small agile team on a broad variety of assets and tools.
Estimated Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Create and maintain a wide range of assets within Unity and Photoshop
- Concept, compose, light, render compelling compositions with provided assets and models in Unity
- Collaborate with internal teams and iterate on marketing art
- Maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality for all assets
- Schedule, communicate and maintain deadlines with various platforms.
- 2+ years of Marketing Artist experience or equivalent title (we want to see shipped store art)
- 2+ years of professional experience with Photoshop & Unity or equivalent engine
- Ability to light and render high-quality images within Unity or equivalent application
- Portfolio examples exhibiting 3D key art compositions and graphic design
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA.
- Experience owning and shipping store assets across various platforms (e.g., iOS, PlayStation.)
- Video editing experience
- Strong background in games
- Familiarity with source control
- Cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., Graphic design, concept, animation, and modeling)
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.