Provides an incredibly simple payments API with associated merchant account setup.
Seattle, WA, US
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. Stripe’s backend engineers work on the business logic for all of that. As a backend engineer, you will build and expand APIs and services and work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities.
The Cards team owns some of Stripe’s most critical payment flows, and a platform that processes hundreds of billions of dollars in card payments annually. Engineers on the team work to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel card payment capabilities, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Stripe, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
- Architect and design engineering projects
- Communicate with other engineering teams across Stripe’s global offices
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow
- At least seven years of professional software development experience
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field involving coding (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or equivalent technical experience
- Technically lead projects which have involved multiple engineering teams
- Worked in a variety of different platforms, in both high-level and low-level languages, and maybe even done front-end work.
Nice to have:
- Have helped grow a new team or product, and are excited about helping make a great team environment.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.