Truework is building a network for verified identity that puts consumers in control of their sensitive personal information.
We are looking for a smart, driven, individual as one of the founding member of Truework’s Finance team. You will drive performance, processes and planning to support our growth and decision making, ultimately impacting the strategic growth of the company and ensuring its financial health. This is a high visibility, high impact role where you’ll work closely with the co-founders and other executives.The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders. You’ll have the chance to build strategic and scalable systems that make Truework an incredible place to work.
At Truework we are hyper-focused on building products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive information is shared online. Our identity verification platform helps HR teams improve privacy and unlock productivity by automating employment and income verifications. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
- Maintain our financial model and forecasts to guide Truework’s long term financial strength by working directly with the Head of Finance and executive leadership to advise on growth, hiring, spending and strategic projects
- Provide budget guidance to senior executives to ensure Truework is investing in the right areas
- Develop key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range financial planning
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
- Build processes and systems from the ground up to scale from $5M to $100M+.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget across the company including the establishment of controls that scale
- Establish short- and long-range departmental goals, organization structure, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- 4+ years experience of progressive growth in finance - a mix of Investment Banking or VC/PE, and prior experience working at a growing start-up/tech company
- BA/BS with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn). Able to manipulate large data sets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and meaningfully improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills. Able to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size the impacts of opportunities and business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and with investors
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A core philosophy of the finance team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indetermina