Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
As a Senior Product Designer at Amplitude, you will collaborate with a smart, friendly cross-functional team to create experiences that both delight users and support our growing business. We have strong partnerships with our product managers and engineers that help us push the product to the next level. Amplitude provides a great environment for our team members to learn, grow and directly contribute to the company’s future.
As a Senior Product Designer you will:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating business strategy, research insights, and data into ideas that form disruptive new products and features and improving and simplifying existing workflows.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, and design the workflows and fine-grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team and your cross-functional partners.
- Work closely with product and engineering to build and ship ideas.
- Act as a leader and coach within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Want to be part of creating amazing experiences that help solve real pain points for our customers
- Use data and research to inform your design decisions
- Are into the details that help make an experience enjoyable for our customers while being able to see how those details impact the greater experience
- Bring a strong sense of empathy and a user-centric approach to design
- Love to solve complex problems – particularly in data visualization and analytics – with an eye towards innovation
- Are excited to work in a positive, supportive environment and want to collaborate as part of a high-caliber, cross-functional team that helps you grow
- Have a portfolio showing compelling and quality design as well as a track record of driving design forward
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.