Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
The Customer Success team is responsible for driving adoption and long-term value realization for Amplitude’s customers through structured programs as well as ad-hoc engagement to provide product expertise and best practices. The team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales etc.) to advocate for our customers and ensure a high-quality experience through their lifecycle as an Amplitude customer.
As the Head of Customer Success - Global Scale Programs you will play a vital role in evolving what Customer Success means at Amplitude by developing one-to-many programs that augment the talented CSM teams that work with our customers. This Director-level role is a leadership role, and will report directly to the VP of Customer Success. You will have the opportunity to shape the strategy of this team from the ground-up and approach scale programs in a uniquely Amplitude (data-driven) manner.
As Head of Customer Success - Global Scale Programs, you will:
- Build and lead a Scale organization focused on driving adoption, retention & growth through a combination of technology and one-to-many programs.
- Directly manage the team members in the Scale CS team leading them to successful outcomes.
- Propose and launch programs to not only serve our SMB segment but have broad applicability across all customer segments (Enterprise, Commercial, SMB) and regions.
- Partner with our Operations and Growth Engineering teams to deploy technology and automation to drive efficiencies in how we manage customer communication, education and renewals.
- Generate data-driven hypotheses, experiment, amplify results, and broadcast impact while identifying gaps to develop best practices of the Scale program.
- Articulate insights and strategy to CS and Executive team leadership.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Prior experience building (or contributing to the building of) a Scale org at a SaaS company that scaled to $100M or more in ARR.
- The desire to become a Data Monster; someone who persistently looks at data to uncover business insights and drive decision-making.
- Track record of success in Customer Success Management, preferably within B2B SaaS.
- Experience directly leading a team of CSMs with a track record of achieving results by inspiring the team and creating high-levels of accountability.
- A deep understanding of the customer journey and how to define and measure success in B2B SaaS.
- The ability to navigate organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration and evangelize opportunities for growth.
- A customer-focused mindset and passion for customers’ success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business.
- Experience operationalizing Customer Success through analytics-driven programs, systems and playbooks.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.