Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Our team’s mission is to continuously improve the customer experience through data driven insights, experimentation, machine learning, and natural language processing technologies. We are looking for Data Scientists who will work closely with our product, design, user research and engineering partners to combine qualitative and quantitative research, statistics, and machine learning in a synergistic loop to develop innovative approaches to understand and improve our customers’ experience.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Executing our experimentation strategy (the hypothesize - test - validate cycle), extracting actionable insights from data, proposing and designing improvements from first principles
- Using analytical methodologies to identify customer pain points and empowering data-driven decision making. Demonstrating problem solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Data sanitization and hygiene; noise and anomaly detection
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams; informing our stakeholders by articulating our insights and storytelling with data
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, operations research and engineering
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist focusing on building data solutions and/or machine learning products
- Experience with A/B testing, executing product experimentation strategies
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, time series, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization, text analytics)
- Experience working with very large datasets that reflect real life problems such as noisy, highly imbalanced datasets
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate how insights map to solutions and action items
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Experience collaborating with user researchers and designers
- Experience with data visualization libraries
- Experience with common ML/NLP libraries, like NLTK, TensorFlow, Keras
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.