Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood’s Information Security Team is looking for a stellar engineering manager with a deep background in distributed systems and secure development to help build and lead our detection and response team. We’re challenging the norm that incident detection and response are purely operational problems, and we are focusing on them instead as software engineering problems. We’re looking for engineering managers who are deeply passionate about security, engineering, and building healthy teams to lead this critical effort.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working with technical leads to set the direction for detection infrastructure
- Recruiting top-tier talent at all levels of seniority
- Owning security incident preparation through playbook development and drills
- Mentoring and growing the members of your team in their careers
- Working with Technical Program Managers and Technical Writers to develop procedures and playbooks for handling incidents
- Building a roadmap for ensuring intrusions are detected and remediated quickly, no matter where they take place
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 3-5 years of experience in engineering management
- Experience making technical decisions and writing code
- Experience building teams, mentoring engineers, and leading people
- A hands-on detection and response background, or related field such as forensics
- Formal training in security concepts such as cryptography, network security, etc.
- Experience in Finance and Accounting systems
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.