Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to develop and drive high impact programs across our Engineering organization - tackling performance bottlenecks, improves system observability, reduce manual tasks through automation, and ensure our core systems are designed to scale to the next 10 million users and beyond.
The role will be centralized within our growing Technical Programs team, and will closely partner with Product and Infrastructure Engineering teams to help craft programs to support their overall strategy, establish effective communication processes, build strong collaboration with cross functional partners across the org, and ultimately drive execution towards the team’s goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, and have the ability to help build the sustainable practices that lead to a successful team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Hands on, end-to-end program management from design to delivery
- Help evangelize the engineering team’s plans and overall strategy
- Provide visibility to the team’s work and priorities through strong communication practices
- Establish lean processes to help the team operate more effectively, with a focus on productivity
- Engage with internal customers like backend and product engineering teams to ensure the alignment of needs and priorities with Infrastructure initiatives
- Work closely with the legal and regulatory arms of the company to ensure any compliance and legal requirements are captured accurately
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of experience with managing engineering programs at scale
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to design and implementation decisions with engineering counterparts
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity and translating it to impactful results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual process
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with Python, Django/Go, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes a plus
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.