Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to join our new CX Understanding team. This role is the embodiment of one of Robinhood’s core values--”insane customer focus”.
CX Understanding is a data-driven team focused on measuring, tracking and understanding our user's behaviors and how they are interacting with our products. We look at every facet of your trading experience and proactively solve your problems before they happen, or we make sure your problem is solved as fast as humanly possible. Robinhood was built from the ground up to be as efficient as possible--we are able to maintain a lean bottom-line and pass the savings along to you, the customer.
We need a software engineer who can hit the ground running, who can build dashboards, experimentation framework integrations, data pipelines data storage and caching systems.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Fluency in big data processing
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Experience with Go and Python
- Passion for supporting power users
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- The desire to seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them with little to no guidance
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals
- Extremely data-driven. You instrument and analyze everything about your systems
- Experience working across offices and timezones
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Rust or ReasonML
- Experience with machine learning (Tensorflow, Pytorch) and big data tools (Spark, Presto, Hadoop)
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with modern build systems such as Buck, Bazel, and Pants
- Strong open source contributions
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.