Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for a Director of Technical Programs to grow and develop our technical programs team across all of engineering. This role will help us establish industry-leading operating principles for technical programs within Robinhood, and help scale the technical program management function.
This role will have three core responsibilities:
- The Technical Program Management (TPM) team.
- The Engineering Operations team.
- The planning process within Engineering.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Build out the Technical Program Management (TPM) team and scale it to meet the needs of the Engineering team.
- Drive the engineering planning process, ensuring that teams are able to understand demands from other teams, can prioritize their work, and communicate to the rest of the organization the priorities.
- Lead high priority projects to improve operational efficiency, scale key processes, and launch new initiatives across the Engineering organization.
- Identify and establish mechanisms for engineering leaders to interface with program management teams.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top TPM talent, both managers and individual contributors, to support continued hyper-growth.
- Communicate status, risks and mitigations to stakeholders and partners. Understand tradeoffs of various solutions and approaches such that you are able to spot new, less obvious solutions during planning, and choose the best solution for your programs.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment.
- Working closely with the Product team to ensure a smooth hand-off from product to operational programs where necessary.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- A proven track record working closely with an executive team
- 8+ years of experience with managing engineering programs at scale
- Experience managing a team of over 20 Program Managers.
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to design and implementation decisions with engineering counterparts
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity and translating it to impactful results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual process.
- Experience working in regulatory environments
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.