Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented, motivated engineering manager to join our engineering team and help us continue to scale as quickly as we can. In this role, you form a new, dedicated Crypto Team within the Product Engineering Org. In addition to maintaining the existing crypto product, this team will plan and build the next set of features on our crypto roadmap.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Add new engineers to the team by working with other recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Proven ability to coach junior engineers and interns
- Strong technical skills and ability to architect technical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in finance a plus
- Experience with Cryptocurrency trading
- Experience with Python, Postgres, and Kafka
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.