Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you’ll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with experts in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize our financial system.
As a Product Manager on the App Foundations team, you’ll focus on ensuring that Robinhood delivers the best modern financial products in the world. You’ll lead work on the design system and front-end platform - including UI infrastructure, component libraries, APIs, and designer and developer tools which empower our product engineers and designers to build high quality products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial system works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of quality while solving unique scalability and velocity challenges. You will have impact in a leveraged position at a relatively small company for our user base.
The App Foundations team’s mission is to raise the quality bar for Robinhood’s apps and set the bar for the entire financial industry. We take accountability for how Robinhood builds products that come together into a consistent high quality experience for our customers. As our company and ambition grows, it’s important we provide tools, frameworks, and processes for designers and developers to achieve consistency, quality, and velocity at scale.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working with design and engineering to understand the needs of both internal and external customers for our design system and front-end platforms
- Partnering with peers to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy
- Improving the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Collaborating with design, engineering and operations to ship meaningful, high-impact work
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Systems thinking mindset and approach to roadmapping and problem solving
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science major
- Previous experience working on design systems, internal tools, or technical infrastructure
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.