Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education; depended on by over 500 software companies and over 60% of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 20 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
- Support the needs of the engineering organization enabling them to rapidly deliver new services and deploy their changes with high confidence.
- Own and scale all the AWS services used by Clever.
- Develop and operate the build pipeline from GitHub to production.
- Build monitoring and logging services to ensure the smooth operation of Clever products.
- Implement tooling for multi-region support and fast failover.
- Day-to-day work with the CTO on the infrastructure roadmap to support Clever’s business needs.
- Sponsor resiliency efforts to achieve 99.98%+ uptime for critical services.
To get a sense of what the Clever engineering team is working on, check out our engineering blog.
The Clever team works across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we support teams writing frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and Go for backend services. We build tooling and encode best practices across a variety of cloud solutions including MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Backend Engineering Experience
- Developed on top of some cloud provider (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with AWS Technologies we use is a bonus: ECS (Fargate), Lambda, Glue, RDS Aurora, DynamoDB, ALBs, VPCs, Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Decision-making skills around choosing the mix of cloud services to leverage in order to reach our goals
- The ability to learn quickly when it comes to understanding and staying up-to-date with cloud services and features
- Design and product sense for building as an internal infrastructure/platform team
- A desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers